- Winter Uniform: Please be informed that the Winter Uniform is available at the Mother Care outlet on Jinnah Road. Parents/Guardians are advised to send the students in winter uniform from Thursday, October 13, 2016.
- Ashura/Muharram Holidays: Please be informed that the school shall remain closed from Monday, October 10 to Wednesday 12, 2016. Students must report to school on Thursday, October 13, 2016. Fasting on Muharram 10, known as the Day of ‘Ashura’, expiates for the sins of the past year.The Messenger of Allah fasted on the day of ‘Ashura’ and ordered the people to fast on it.
- Pet Day: Pet Day shall be celebrated on Thursday, October 06, 2016. The students are encouraged to bring along their pets with its sample feed. The cage/housing (if applicable) of the pet may kindly be tagged with the name of the pet, name of the student, class & section and roll number. Please note that the classes shall be arranged as per regular school timetable and the students are required to come in school uniform.
- Dictionary: Students in Classes 4 and onwards must have pocket size English Dictionary and Urdu ‘Lughat’ with them everyday.
- Teachers’ Training by Fauzia Ahsan Farooqui: Leader’s Odyssey School recently conducted a Teachers’ Training wherein Mrs. Fauzia Ahsan Farooqui author of our Urdu Text Book instilled new energy in the teachers and equipped them with more knowledge and skills to take on the world.
- Promotion and Expulsion (based on Academics):
- In case a student does not qualify for the next class then, he/she shall repeat the same class as a last chance; provided that he/she falls in the age criteria. However, if the student’s age does not allow repeating the class then, he/she shall be promoted to the next class on conditional basis whereby, failing to show significant improvement the student shall be expelled.
Quote of the day:
“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller - Author, political activist, and lecturer. The first deaf and blind person to earn a BA degree in the US.”
Hadith of the day:
“Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should entertain his guest generously. The guest’s reward is to provide him with a superior type of food for a night and a day, and a guest is to be entertained for three days, and whatever is offered beyond that, is regarded as something given in Sadaqa. And it is not lawful for a guest to stay with his host for such a long period as to put him in a critical position.” [Sahih Bukhari]”
Steamed Chicken Bun
- All purpose flour 1/2 kg
- baking powder 1 tsp
- Vinegar 3-4 drops
- Salt to taste
- Chicken mince 1/2 kg
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Onion 3-4 (sliced)
- Oyster sauce 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Crushed black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour 1-2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds oil 2-3 drops
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- For Dough: Take a mixing bowl add all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, vinegar and knead soft dough with lukewarm water.
- Cover the dough with plastic cling and leave it for 1-2 hours.
- For Filling: Heat oil in cooking pan, fry onion until soft then add ginger garlic paste; fry until aroma rise.
- Now stir in chicken mince when it changes the color add crushed black pepper, oyster sauce, sesame seeds oil, salt, oyster sauce and soya sauce. Cook until mince soft.
- Mix corn flour in 4 tbsp water and add in chicken. Cook until sauce is thicken.
- Remove mince in a bowl and cool.
- Roll out dough and cut into round piece about 4 inches diameter. Place filling in center and shape into bun. Place on steamer tray.
- Take a steamer half fill with water and place bun tray on steamer.
Steam it for 20-25 minutes. Take out and serve.
Build your confidence:
Try to recondition the way you think about your life:
- Know your strengths and weaknesses. ...
- We all make mistakes. ...
- Accept compliments and compliment yourself. ...
- Use criticism as a learning experience. ...
- Try to stay generally cheerful and have a positive outlook on life.