Newsletter (March 28, 2017)
- Parent Teacher Conference (PTC): at L.O.S we believe that a child’s educational growth is a shared responsibility of the Home and School. Mutual understanding, respect and effort is crucial for the cooperation to be successful. The School arranges 4 PTCs at regular intervals throughout the academic year where the Home and School will be able to meet in order to discuss a student’s progress. Parents will be able to better understand their child’s strengths and weaknesses and how they can be of support at Home. Parents are requested to share their suggestions with teachers for any improvement or concern regarding their child’s development. The main objective is to establish an ideal collaboration with a child’s best interest in mind.
Please be informed that the 1st PTC for the academic year of 2017 is scheduled to be held on Saturday April 1st, 2017. You may meet the teacher anytime between 08:30 a.m. to 02:30 p.m. All parents are requested to be brief and specific during the meeting.
- The Student Performance Report (SPR): the SPR for the month of March shall be issued in the first week of April.
- Spring Week: please be informed that Pre-school students will be celebrating Spring Week from 28th March to April 1st. Related activities will be arranged during the regular school days.
- Environment Day: on Thursday 30th, activities to educate students about the environment and the importance of taking care of it, will be conducted.
- Date Sheet: the date sheet for the first monthly test was sent on Friday 24th, kindly ensure that you have received it.
- Taekwondo: Taekwondo classes free of cost are arranged by the School on every Wednesday and Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for boys of class IV and onwards. Parents/Guardian are requested to timely pick and drop their child.
- Math Buddies: the Leaders’ Odyssey School is pleased to opt for the international and modern program Math Buddies. It will serve as an excellent tool to motivate student learning, develop a strong Maths base and improve critical thinking abilities. Parents/Guardians of classes II to IV will have to pay a fee in April and September along the monthly challan, the fee of six months is of 1148 PKR.
- SAP reminder: General behavior
- Students should always be polite and courteous by using terms such as thank you, sorry, excuse me and please.
- Students should always be obedient and respectful towards the teachers and elders.
- Students should display decent body language and posture. Facial expressions should be kind and not rude.
- The truth should always be spoken in all situations and matters.
- Students should always follow the rules and instructions given by the School.
- Students should always display good moral values.
- Fighting and unnecessary arguing should be avoided.
- Students should seek elder’s help in difficult situations and questions.
- Students should always be humble and kind to school fellows and staff.
- Students should care for their environment by always using the dustbin at school, at home and outside.
- Students should respect and care for the School’s properties.
- Students should always have good table manners.
- Swearing, teasing, bullying or name calling shall not be tolerated.
- Stealing, lying or cheating in exams shall not be tolerated.
- Students should display Sportsman spirit in all competition.
- Regular complaining and whining by students shall not be ignored.
- Students shall not ask unnecessary and personal questions to teachers or staff members.
- Charity Box: like every year, a Charity Box is placed in all the three campuses of the School to encourage students’ generousity by spending in the way of Allah Almighty. Charity shall continue to be collected until the month of Sha’baan and all collections will be used for the welfare/support of the needy in the month of Ramadhan.
Hadith of the Day
Abu Huraira RA reported that a person said: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him), who amongst the people is most deserving of my good treatment? He said: Your mother, again your mother, again your mother, then your father, then your nearest relatives according to the order (of nearness).
Muslim - Book 32, Hadith 6181
Quote of the day
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
Mexican Tomato Soup
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 80g rice
- 2 capsicums / red peppers
- 800g of chopped tomatoes
- Chilli and spices to taste
- 800ml of vegetable stock (or water)
- Fry onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Roast the capsicums/peppers on open flame until they are soft.
- Add the roasted capsicums/peppers and chopped tomatoes to the onions and garlic.
- Add the vegetable stock, spices of your choice and 80g of rice.
- Let the soup boil until the rice is soft, then you mix it with a blender.
- Season with coriander, mint sauce and lime.