- Debate Competition: we proudly announce that the Leaders’ Odyssey School has secured 1st position in the Debate Competition on World Tourism Day. It was held on September 26th, 2017 under the umbrella of SEED (Serena Environmental & Educational Development).
We applaud Sana Noor for winning the Urdu debate and Saman Khalid for winning the English debate.
They both displayed great knowledge, confidence and strong rhetorical skills! Their representation of our School was exceptional and we congratulate them on their achievements.
- Reminder Chemistry Quiz: Chemistry quiz girls’ section vs boys’ is arranged on Thursday, October 5th
- Admissions 2018: the admissions for the academic year of 2018 for siblings only, will be open from Monday, October 16th, 2017. Whereas the admissions for the general public will open a week later, on Monday, October 23rd, 2017.
Please be informed that the seats are limited.
- Student’s Progress Report (SPR): the Progress Report (SPR) for the month od September will be extended on Friday 6th October 2017.
- Fee Voucher: The fee voucher for the month of October had already been extended to the students on Monday, September 25th
- Monthly Test: the 2nd talent show of Pre-school and monthly tests of classes I-IX of term 2 shall be starting on Tuesday, October 10th, 2017.
- Winter Uniform: the implementation of Winter uniform shall begin on Monday, October 16th 2017. The School’s winter uniform is available at the Mother Care outlet located on Jinnah Road.
- School E-mail: any suggestions, inquiries or complaints may be sent directly to the authorities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WhatsApp Number: Parents/Guardians may contact the School through WhatsApp on the following number: 0303-3000737. Student’s name, Father’s name and roll no. must be included in your inquiries.
- School Policy of Syllabus Testing and Examination:
- A student caught using unfair means during tests/examination shall be considered failed in the subject and may be expelled from school.
- A student on leave or absent during tests/exams with a valid reason shall be awarded the average marks obtained in the previous tests. There shall be no re-test.
- Students must focus on conceptual learning.
- Students are shown their marked exam papers so that they can appreciate their success and also learn from their mistakes.
- At the end of each academic year, the consolidated result in the form of the Report card is extended to all parents.
- School reserves the right of promotion or retention.
- Leave Policy and Procedure:
- Student absences are highly discouraged as they affect students’ performance and consistency in achieving their educational goals. Absence should only be due to valid reasons. Absence due to illness, accident, family emergencies, funerals, religious holidays and conditions beyond the control of the parent or child are excused with a written note.
- Absences due to illness in excess of 3 consecutive days require a physician’s note/medical certificate.
- A student with less than 85% attendance in a year is considered failed and shall have to repeat the class. Such student, if belonging to Class 9 or 10, shall not be allowed to appear in the board examination.
- Admission shall be cancelled if a student remains absent from the school for twenty (20) school days without the written approval of the School Head.
- It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to collect school notice, fee voucher, take diary and copy class work in case of child’s absence from the school.
- In case of long leave, the parents/guardian are allowed to get the class work photocopied during recess period.
- Application must be received at least 2 working days prior to the intended leave.
- Application received via fax or email is acceptable.
- Late applications are not accepted.
- Appearance Guideline:
- Soldier cut is recommended for the boys while the girls may either have pony tail or plates/braid. Haircut of the students is checked twice a month; once on the first Monday of the month and second on the third Monday of the month.
- All students are expected to observe modest dress code on all functions and events. Guests/visitors may kindly respect the norm at all times.
- Wearing jewellery at school is not allowed except on Events.
Hadith of the Day
Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, then let him honor his guest. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, then let him say what is good or remain silent.”
(Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book 37, Hadith 2688)
Quote of the Day
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- Nelson Mandela
Perfect Pancakes Recipe
100g plain flour
1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
Pinch of salt
If you want them sweeter, you may add some sugar.
Powdered cardamom or cinnamon can also add to the taste.
- Put the flour and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and crack the eggs into the middle. Pour in about 50ml milk and 1 tbsp oil. Start whisking from the centre, gradually drawing the flour into the eggs, milk and oil. Once all the flour is incorporated, beat until you have a smooth, thick paste. Add a little more milk if it is too stiff to beat.
- Add a good splash of milk and whisk to loosen the thick batter. While still whisking, pour in a steady stream of the remaining milk. Continue pouring and whisking until you have a batter that is the consistency of slightly thick single cream.
- Heat the pan over a moderate heat and grease the pan with oiled kitchen paper between every pancake. Fry the pancakes on both sides. Make sure you do not add too much batter as the pancakes should be nice and thin. Enjoy the pancakes as they are, or eat with ice cream, fresh fruit or any other topping of your choice.
Art: Calligraphy is the visual art of writing, simply put: the art of producing decorative handwriting or lettering with a pen or brush. Islamic calligraphy is one of the major forms of artistic expression in Islamic cultures, and can therefore be commonly found in mosques or decorative pieces containing excerpts from the Holy Quran.
Biology: There are four main blood groups: A, B, AB and O. Each blood group can either be positive or negative, resulting in eight possible blood types.
Classical Music: An orchestra is defined as a group of instrumentalists (musicians) that plays classical music together and is led by a conductor. The orchestra usually plays in a theatre, in front of the stage and on a lower level.
Cookery: Sushi is a Japanese cuisine that typically consists of rice with a garnish of raw seafood and/or vegetables. It has spread to become popular world-wide and is often eaten as lunch or dinner.
Discovery and Exploration: Christopher Columbus (c. 1451-1506) was an Italian explorer, navigator and colonizer. He was sent by the King and Queen of Spain to Asia, however he instead landed in the Bahamas which lead to the Spanish colonization