- Pet Day:on Thursday, September 14th, 2017, Pet Day shall be celebrated at School. The purpose of the Pet Day is to teach students about the rights of animals and to encourage them to take care of and to love animals. The students are encouraged to bring along their pets in cage/housing (if applicable). Every pet must be tagged with the name of the pet, name of the student, class & section and roll number.
Please note that the classes shall be arranged as per regular school timetable and the students are required to come in school uniform.
- PTC-3:the third Parent Teacher Conference of the year shall be held on Saturday, September 16th, 2017. The PTC serves the purpose of developing better relations between the School and the Parents, all in the best interest of the students.
Kindly note the following points:
- The student should be along for the PTC, preferably in school uniform. ID card must be brought along.
- Avoid the use of regional language and mobile phone.
- Parents are requested to take their “Turn Number Slip” by showing the Student I.D. card to the respective coordinators.
- Meeting shall be held on first come first serve basis.
- If you wish to discuss matters in detail, we request that you attend the PTC early or that you request to meet with the teacher on a different day for longer conversation. Otherwise the meeting should be brief and specific.
- The student should leave the meeting room when sensitive issues are discussed.
- Kindly directly visit the relevant campus.
Thank you for your cooperation in this regard.
- Winter School Timing w.e.f. September 18, 2017:
|Class||Monday to Thursday||Friday|
|Pre- Nursery to KG||09:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.||09:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
|I to X||08:30 a.m. to 02:05 p.m.||08:30 a.m. to 12:35 p.m.|
- Grooming Session: the boys of classes VIII and IX attended a personality grooming session about Materialism held by our guest speaker Mr.Taimoor Iqbal.
- New Quran Teacher: we are pleased to announce that QariAzizullah has joined us as a Quran teacher. He is a versatile exponent of Qirat in the traditional Egyptian form. A Hafiz-e-Quran, he also has specialized in Arabic language studies with particular reference to correct reading. We hope our students will benefit from his presence.
- Syllabus: the syllabus will be extended on Friday, September 15th, 2017.
- Student Progress Report (SPR): on Monday, September 11th, 2017 the Student Progress Report (SPR) for the month of August was sent.
- Student Assessment Policy (SAP) Reminder, Books and Bag Maintenance:
Students’ bag must be…
- Organized inside.
- Clean and litter free inside.
- Maintained; without broken zippers, ripped or dirty fabric.
Students’ school books must be…
- Clean without pen marks on the inside and outside.
- In good condition without torn pages.
- Updated by following up the correction work in the copies.
- Having neat work in the copies.
Pick and Drop Reminder:
- If your child is in Preschool, an adult must escort him/her to the School gate and hand him/her over to the School official.
- While parking your vehicle, please make sure not to park in the ‘No Parking’ zone in front of the School gate, or at any place which may become a hindrance to others.
- Parents/Guardian are advised to receive their child within an hour of the School dismissal otherwise, the security shall altogether be the responsibility of the parents.
- Exit card/ Pick-up Authorization Requirements
- The School issues an Exit Card to each student at the beginning of the year. This card is required at the gate prior to collecting the child. Students who go home by themselves bring their Exit Card along while those who are received by their Parents/Guardian submit their Exit Card to the School representative who delivers the same to the student after which he/she is allowed to come out.
- Please inform the School immediately in case the Exit Card is lost.
- If, on any day, someone else has to pick up the child or the Exit Card is not available, the person must provide a written request with a copy of his/her CNIC.
Note:We take the safety and security of every student very seriously and appreciate your cooperation in following these procedures.
Hadith of the Day
“O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah’s trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers.”
From the Last Sermon of the Prophet Muhammad SAW
Quote of the Day
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
Healthy Recipe – Fruity Teacake!
300g mixture dried berries and cherries
225ml hot tea
juice of 1 orange (about 75ml) plus zest
100g light brown sugar
225g self-rising flour
- Place the dried fruits in a bowl and pour over the hot tea, orange juice and zest. Cover with cling film, then leave for at least 4 hrs or better still overnight.
- Heat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base of a 2lb loaf tin. Beat together the butter and sugar until creamy, then beat in the egg followed by the flour. Carefully stir through the fruit mixture. Spoon the mixture into the tin, then smooth over the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 1 hr or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out, cut into slices and serve.
Fashion: Vogue is a fashion and lifestyle magazine founded in 1892. The British Vogue was the first international edition launched in 1916, as of today there are 22 international editions, the latest one is Vogue Arabia.
Film: The Lahore film industry, also known by its nickname “Lollywood” (لالی وڈ), is the oldest film industry of Pakistani cinema based in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. Teri Yaad (Urdu:تیری یاد; your memory (was the first film released in Pakistan after its independence on 7 August 1948.
Finance: A few currencies: Saudi Arabia: Saudi Riyal, Brazil: Real, South Africa: South African Rand, Australia: Australian Dollar and Russia: Russian Ruble.
Games:TheOlympic Games or Olympics are leading international sporting events featuring summer and winter sports competitions alternating by occurring every four years but two years apart. The Olympic Games are considered the world’s foremost sports competition with more than 200 nations participating in which thousands of athletes from around the world participate in a variety of competitions. The latest summer Olympics was held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and the next winter Olympics is to be held in 2018 inPyeongchang, South Korea.
General Science: Ibn al-Haytham (c. 960 – c. 1040) was an Arab Muslim scientist, mathematician, astronomer and philosopher. He is considered to be the father of optics as he was the first to explain how vision occurs when light bounces on an object and is then directed to one’s eyes. He is also widely considered to be the first theoretical physicists, understanding that a hypothesis must be proven by experiments or evidence.